The Discogs x GrooveWasher Record Cleaning Kit includes:
- Painted solid wood handle with Discogs logo.
- All purpose microfiber record cleaning pad.
- One 2 oz bottle of G2 Fluid with mist spray applicator.
- Record cleaning instruction booklet.
- Label protector
The GrooveWasher G2 Fluid for record cleaning is the result of years of research and testing. The selection of ingredients was guided by the formulations of the D series fluids of the 1970s. G2 Fluid is designed for maximum record cleaning effectiveness of the delicate vinyl surface and microgroove. Anti-static action on contact. Honest cleaning to release the honest sound of the recording.
G2 does not fix scratches or scuffs on vinyl records. Once the analog signal in the microgroove is lost, nothing will recover it.
A two ounce spray bottle has more than 300 fine mist sprays. Enough to clean both sides of 50 records! (YMMV).
Some vinyl record cleaning fluids on the market today are plain distilled water. Or worse, have a high level of alcohol which is an ineffective cleaner and can harm vinyl records. Some can leave a layer in the microgroove that reduces sound fidelity.
G2 Fluid Contains:
• Surfactants: State of the art surfactants, designed to dissolve the oils from fingerprints and effectively clean the vinyl record's delicate surface.
• Super wetting agents: A specialty chemical combined with a blending agent that reduces the fluid's viscosity so it can penetrate to the bottom of the microgroove and spread the G2 Fluid across the record evenly.
• Emulsifiers: Holds the oils, dirt, mildew and microdust particles in suspension until the microfiber fabric cleaning pad absorbs and pulls the contaminants from the record surface. The emulsifiers restore the record's natural shiny surface.
• Purified, deionized water: Deionized water is the best carrier for the active cleaning ingredients and eliminates static electric charges on the record's surface on contact.
GrooveWasher Wood Handle Design
The GrooveWasher Starter Kit handle is milled from a single piece of American black walnut, hand finished in waterproof oil polyurethane. We designed the handle shape to be easy to grip while cleaning your records. Hand crafted in our plant in North Kansas City, MO, USA.
Cleaning Pad Design & Science
The GrooveWasher cleaning pads feature the highest quality split microfiber and other absorbent fabrics. These fabrics are effective in removing the contaminants borne in the G2 Fluid from the record's microgroove. The velcro backed pad design allows the pad to be washed or replaced. The cleaning pads are hand made in our plant in North Kansas City, MO, USA.
Record Cleaning Instruction Booklet
Each GrooveWasher Starter Kit includes an Instruction Booklet with helpful information on record cleaning and using the GrooveWasher System.
Designed and hand crafted by GrooveWasher in North Kansas City, MO, USA